Leading a dynamic team of three, the Vice President, Human Resources is responsible for the day-to-day operations of all aspects of the Human Resource function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead and leverage HR processes and drive key HR initiatives including staffing, performance management, compensation planning, succession planning, internal training and development, rewards and recognition, benefits, organizational effectiveness and employee communication
• Provide input and guidance aligning people and organizational strengths to business strategy; frame issues and provide necessary analytics to for discussions regarding cost effective, productive workforce strategies
• Partner with Executive Team on tactics regarding Human Resource decisions; provide hands on support on complex employee relations and/or HR issues
• Work with managers to build a career path for employees, identifying opportunities for training, new skill acquisition, and advancement
• Create and maintain a high performance culture of accountability and results by developing methods of linking organizational and employee performance
• Help to drive change within the organization, to include adoption of new technologies, workflows, staffing models, and organization structures
• Participate as a core member of Management Team, contributing to laying the foundation of building a culture of success
• Plan, budget, and manage Human Resource costs in line with company objectives
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Professional certification(s) preferred but not required
• A minimum of 15 years of progressive business experience and Human Resource management
• Business acumen, facilitation, conflict resolution and communication skills
• Knowledge and practical application of all aspects of HR, including employment and labor laws, employee relations, management and leadership development, performance management, organizational design, compensation philosophies, OSHA and workplace safety compliance
• Ability to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders
• Project and process management skills, demonstrated track record of delivering results
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong client-support orientation, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization and with a wide range of clients, individually and in groups
• Ability to earn trust and credibility with employees in assigned groups; demonstrated ability to influence, coach and counsel both employees and management
• Demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential matters discreetly
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and lead change
• Takes ownership; able to establish self as the ‘go-to’ HR resource for organization
• Excellent organization and customer service skills
• Demonstrated strong oral, written, analytical, and interpersonal skills are required
• Must be able to organize work and set priorities, and work independently
Hearts On Fire is a dynamic, goal-oriented organization that prizes creativity and collaboration. Hearts On Fire team members are passionate, fearless, self-starters with excellent communications, planning, and leadership skills who thrive in a fast-paced, independent work environment.
Please submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.